Friday, January 4th, 2008, at 12:45 pm
I am now blocking evite invitations. I’m sorry to my friends that try to invite me to things, but I just can’t deal with them any more. I’m not doing it to try to change them for the better, I just have no desire to take part.
Anytime I receive an evite invitation, my email account will automatically send the following message and delete the invite.
I apologize for the inconvenience–I do it for the following reasons (in no particular order):
- They sell your personal information.
- They are associated with TicketMaster.
- They haven’t bothered making any major enhancements to their platform in years and are stagnant. There are much better alternatives.
- They require users to click through the emails to their lousy site just to see the details. This stinks on a mobile device.
If you wish to invite me to something, I recommend one of the following methods, in order of preference:
- Email me.
- Call me.
- Text me.
- Message me on another service, such as Facebook.com or Twitter.
- If you want to use a website, I personally recommend anyvite.com. You can very easily import your evite contacts and it takes mere seconds to set up a really nice invitation. Best of all, guests can see all of the details of the event in the email that gets sent.
To read more, check out the following sites:
Cheers and have a wonderful event!